On the way home from yoga today I found a crap load of cows!! I know...not really something I get to say every day and perhaps too strong for an opening sentence. :) I actually spotted the subjects of my Saturday post on the way to yoga from a distance and thought to myself that I would have to check it out after yoga was done. So after I was throoughly stretched out and in my zen state, I jumped in to the car, blasted my Macy Gray and went on a chase for the field of cows I had spotted from the highway.
I ended up finding them off of Germann Rd, off a little dirt road that my Civic valiantly battled to get to the milk-makers. Now I'm quite the city girl but I have a good old kick of something country in me. I love to be in nature, am a flower geek, love animals and have always wondered what it would be like to live on a farm and have a kitchen full of tinware.
I stumbled upon the best field of cows as they were all calves! Little baby cows! Unfortunately all tagged with yellow numbers on their ears (for milk, right?). It was sad to see each of these beautiful animals being defined by a random number that somehow set their fate - whether for milk or for...well you know...
Upon getting out of my car all of the calves were huddled in a corner far away from where I was until one friendly calf spotted my big goofy smile and decided to come on over to check me out. As I watched Hilda approach I began to see her best bud Matilda follow suit. As Hilda and Matilda made their way over the other calves began to notice my presence. My smile was getting bigger by the second watching these wonderous mammals walk over to a mere human. Hilda was the friendliest of them all - she poked her head through the fence that separated us just begging for a pet. Soon enough all twenty or so calves were begging for a pet! I couldn't believe - about twenty calves all lined up in front of little old me wanting to say hello!
There are some moments where nature just hits you and you realize that nothing gets better. I was having one of those moments. I know...they're just young cows...I know. But really until you have a comraderie of calves all begging for your attention, I'm not sure you'll get it. It definitely made me consider being a vegetarian. I couldn't even imagine these poor little calves....urgh....I can't even type it out.
I hung out with the baby cows for a little while until I realized that I was standing on a hill of old dung. It feels just like clumped up sand! I was also getting increasingly worried about the ant nest full of big fat juicy red ants that was several feet from where I was standing. Gargh!!
I unfortunately did not pet Hilda, Matilda and their buddies. They were all covered in a veil of flies and to be honest, as friendly as they all looked, I was still scared that one of them would take a bite out of my hand. I totally would have tried if somebody would only give them a nice scrub in a lavender scented bath! I just know they'd love it!
Here are some pics from my 10 minute adventure into cow-land. Enjoy!
I ended up finding them off of Germann Rd, off a little dirt road that my Civic valiantly battled to get to the milk-makers. Now I'm quite the city girl but I have a good old kick of something country in me. I love to be in nature, am a flower geek, love animals and have always wondered what it would be like to live on a farm and have a kitchen full of tinware.
I stumbled upon the best field of cows as they were all calves! Little baby cows! Unfortunately all tagged with yellow numbers on their ears (for milk, right?). It was sad to see each of these beautiful animals being defined by a random number that somehow set their fate - whether for milk or for...well you know...
Upon getting out of my car all of the calves were huddled in a corner far away from where I was until one friendly calf spotted my big goofy smile and decided to come on over to check me out. As I watched Hilda approach I began to see her best bud Matilda follow suit. As Hilda and Matilda made their way over the other calves began to notice my presence. My smile was getting bigger by the second watching these wonderous mammals walk over to a mere human. Hilda was the friendliest of them all - she poked her head through the fence that separated us just begging for a pet. Soon enough all twenty or so calves were begging for a pet! I couldn't believe - about twenty calves all lined up in front of little old me wanting to say hello!
There are some moments where nature just hits you and you realize that nothing gets better. I was having one of those moments. I know...they're just young cows...I know. But really until you have a comraderie of calves all begging for your attention, I'm not sure you'll get it. It definitely made me consider being a vegetarian. I couldn't even imagine these poor little calves....urgh....I can't even type it out.
I hung out with the baby cows for a little while until I realized that I was standing on a hill of old dung. It feels just like clumped up sand! I was also getting increasingly worried about the ant nest full of big fat juicy red ants that was several feet from where I was standing. Gargh!!
I unfortunately did not pet Hilda, Matilda and their buddies. They were all covered in a veil of flies and to be honest, as friendly as they all looked, I was still scared that one of them would take a bite out of my hand. I totally would have tried if somebody would only give them a nice scrub in a lavender scented bath! I just know they'd love it!
Here are some pics from my 10 minute adventure into cow-land. Enjoy!
This is Hilda. When reviewing the pics I actually saw that his name is Jack - it says it on the yellow label. He's still Hilda to me. :)
2 comments:
We all agree these are Milk Cows and not the ones we eat ;-)
Excellent Pictures...We should take one home and see how the dogs like him/her
Can we get a rabbit instead?
Post a Comment