Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Little miracles

Gosh, there are some days that I just love my job! I visited a youth today and I can't go into details due to privacy but I will say that I work with some pretty spectacular children - children that have been through so much pain, so much trauma and still tell notice when you've cut your hair and tell you that it looks pretty. Kids that have been away from their home and family but still have hope that one day they will be back. These children are so resilient and wake up every morning to tackle another day no matter how gloomy or joyous it might be. These children are truely amazing and they light up my days when I'm with them. Thank God for these little miracles.

2 comments:

Eric, Ann and... said...

It makes me smile to remember your passion for what you do! I miss working with you so much...you always made me think about something in a different way. You are remarkable!

bodaat said...

Thank you Ann! That means a lot to me - thank you very much. I wish that you were still here working with our kids but it's great knowing that you're still continuing your work in Michigan. That state is blessed to have you!