Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My love

Saturday night Rich and I celebrated our first year anniversary! There are times where I can't even believe that it hasn't been a year and other times where I feel like I've been with the fellow for years!! Either way we were both eager excited to celebrate our year together. It's been a fabulous year and we are both so happy. We've had our bumps and bruises but more than that we've had so many wonderful memories together! I'm very grateful for having met Rich and feel very blessed to have him in my life! He is my best friend!! (Cue soppy music).

To celebrate we went to The Melting Pot. We thankfully had a gift certificate to ease the pain of the bill and we also had a handy dandy coupon that we got in the mail the day before (talk about luck!). I can't even tell you how yummy The Melting Pot was. For those that don't know, this is a restaurant that offers fondue after fondue after fondue. We started off with a cheese fondue which wasn't superb but it was still good. We then had a small side salad. The main entree was various meats each marinated differently and veggies in a fondue of broth. The best of everything was the chocolate fondue - SO YUM! They gave us various fruit as well as some brownie bites and cheesecake bites to dip in. It was deeeeeelish! Here are some pictures of the evening. I unfortunately was a little tipsy to remember to take pics of the chocolate fondue. Oops!

Just before gorging ourselves. :)


Now isn't that just beautiful?? The shrimp and lobster were the best!!

After dinner. Mum - do you see the same round orbs towards the bottom of Rich's shirt? For everybody else - my Mum and saw these on a family picture taken back in December and we believe that they are the spirits of our deceased family members stopping by to say howdy!

I got Rich an iced tea maker. He's addicted to the stuff. It's healthy (unsweetened) and is great on a hot Summer day.

Me with the bottle of perfume that I got from Rich. Awesome present!

Shila looking absolutely ecstatic to be wearing the bow.

Taz terrorizing the bow. :)

A fantastic evening!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you both, and you make such a cute couple.

I remember Robert and I going to The Melting Pot back in our early days. Hmm, good memories but not likely to happen again any time soon. Once the kids come along everything changes, (for the better of course!! :):)