Monday, September 15, 2008

Step Heel Flap Hop...

Sorry for the delay in the update on my first tap dancing class. Where do I begin? Well, let me tell you what I treasure the most in the class...there are about 15 students and we range between the age of about 21 through to about 55! We constitute a healthy mix of ladies from various backgrounds with a wide array of skill level and a quite a range of learning styles/pace. The one thing we have in common? We all want to tap-dance!! That is the thing that I appreciate and love the most about the class.

I'm pretty shy in large groups so I only introduced myself to one other student. And really...there isn't time for talking! Our instructor is hard-core. I can't even tell you how many moves we learnt. We started off holding on to the dance bar (much like in ballet) and then graduated very fast in to dancing/stumbling across the dance floor. The instructor whose name I didn't catch as I was a bit late to class went through the steps fairly fast much to my dismay but when I came home I practised a little using Expert Village (I love this website!) and got the hang of what we were supposed to be doing. Not easy! Right now we're going through the moves very slowly so it doesn't really sound like tap-dancing. Sounds more like a little kid having a tantrum and flopping around the floor.

Here is a snippit of what class is like although this instructor is much peppier than mine. :) And she makes it look terribly easy too.

The 'Step Heel Flap Hop' Tap Dance Move -- powered by ExpertVillage.com


ps - Boy am I glad that I bought tap shoes! There were several ladies in tennis/running shoes and they were huffing and puffing like no other! I'm also glad I wore a sports bra - enough said. ps - Mo - thanks for that tip!

No comments: