I started the morning with a surprise. I had pre-printed a menu for breakfast and surprized him first thing in bed with this menu of his favorite breakfast items. It was quite a large list and thankfully he didn't order everything on the list. :)
I was happy to find zero antibiotic and veg-fed bacon at Sprouts. Although bacon is still bad for us, at least it was on the healthier side. Ok, maybe just a bit on the healthier side.
This is Rich enjoying his breakfast. Unfortunately I can only cook one breakfast at a time so Rich ate his alone while I cooked mine. One day I will learn how to make two breakfasts at the same time! And uh-hum...please notice the rose petals around his breakfast. Yeah I know, I'm awesome.
During the day we ran some errands and also looked at a wedding place that we're really leaning heavily towards (actually booked a date but didn't sign a contract - more on that later). Earlier in the week, Rich had cashed in on a lobster gram that his Dad had received about 15 years ago. Yup, his Mum had kept the coupon and gave it to us a couple months ago. What is a lobster gram? Well it's like a gift certificate for a couple of lobsters from Maine that arrive on your door-step when you want. Rich thought it would be a great and CHEAP way to celebrate Valentines! I couldn't agree more. Here are the lobsters when they arrived in the dry ice. Thank goodness they didn't come to us alive otherwise I would have run out of the house screaming for PETA. Hippocrite = me.
So now you...what about you? How did you celebrate Valentine's? Not many folks have blogged about it so I'll be the nosey one and ask. :)
4 comments:
The photo with you and lobster gram lobster is classic Kuv. You couldn't make that look up if you tried. :)
AWESOME Lobster pics... I think you should send them in as an advertisement suggestion to the Maine Lobster Council
http://www.lobsterfrommaine.com/about.aspx
Also loved the breakfast you made... when is mine coming again?
Glad you had a great day,
Jan
Damn nearly newly weds make me sick... hahaha just joking....!!! As you can probably tell mine wasn't nearly as romantic :)
Kelly - you know me SO well!
PetalsYoga - I might just have to send those pictures in. :)
Maria - sister, you can make Valentine's Day any day of the year. Although I can't really talk because we don't have two kids to run after!
Post a Comment