I'm crabby!!!!
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
I got a tetanus shot (amongst others) for my immigration paperwork stuff and I'm not feeling so great. My arm is very tender and sore, the site of the shot feels very warm, it's made me incredibly tired and I had a fever last night. Seriously? Seriously. Seriously? Seriously. I could keep on going on and on. I just can't believe that I'm reacting this way to a frickin' shot. I had to go home from work today and I napped for 3 straight hours. Now listen, I'm a napper but not a 3 hr napper! That's how I tired I am from the fever last night and just feeling overall like crap.
Sigh.
Ok, I think I'm done.
I just want to say to the INS that you shouldn't make me get shots. I've been here for 11 years. 11 YEARS. You've never asked me to get all these shots and tests done before. Why now?? I have a lot of 'not-love' for you, INS!
So I will end on a good note. There were two highlights of my day today. One was to watch a Mother that I've worked with for many years speak to other parents about her family's struggles and their success and their hope. It was wonderful to see her speak and I am so PROUD of her! So Proud!!
And the second highlight was seeing my friend Heather and her little baby Afton today. He is so adorable and easy-going. So cute! He had this cute little outfit on and he was so cuddly! And he is half-Indian and half-caucasian and I know this sounds wierd, but my heart beat just a little faster for this little guy because it made me think of Rich and me and how our babies will look like! Well kinda. :) I know it sounds cooky and I can't put it in to words, but I was feeling strangely connected to Heather and her little baby today. I think I was feeling a bit of a cultural connection being with somebody who is in an inter-racial relationship. Can't put it really in to words! Heather - I hope I didn't freak you out by this post! haha!!
Ok, so there you go. I started off with a wahhhhh and ended with a weeeeee! not bad, not bad... :)
Now I am going to end my night by watching last week's episode of Grey's Anatomy followed by the season finale. That will definitely end my night with a weeeee!! And ps - no spoilers please. :)
4 comments:
Kavita,
I love your post! From Wahhhs to Weeees and everything in between, I just think you are awesome. I love your nearly always positive outlook on life and I hope we get to meet someday. Let me know if you are planning to honeymoon in the Pacific Northwest...ha ha.
Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog today too. You made my day. I thought my post was kinda goofy and you made me feel polished instead. Yay, now I can say wheeee! - I added the h because I thought about it and without the h it's like we're going to the potty...;-)
Hugs,
Jan
I remember well the trials and trubulations of getting my green card twelve years ago. I thought it would never end, but it did of course, and here I am, and it was all so worth it! I hope your arm feels better soon. x
Not the least freaked out. I was actually thinking the same thing. It's nice knowing someone that understands the blending of two cultures. I think it should happen more often. Not only would the off spring be gorgeous, but there would be less hatred in the world. We are each other.
Wasn't it just fabulous attending that presentation!?! I get goose bumps thinking about it. I'm constantly amazed by that family, and people in general. So strong. So resilient.
We need to get together again. Afton loved you, even though he was tired. Now that's saying something!
XOXO
HeatherB
Jan - aw, you're so sweet! I've only been to the Pacific Northwest (Seattle) and loved it! Not sure where we're going for the honeymoon but I'll keep you posted.
Mo - oh goodness, it is a royal pain in the arse but we'll get through it!
Heather - hello lovely! Thank you for making me not feel like i'm talking crazy talk. :) Yes J was awesome and it makes me happy thinking of her message. love you lots and yes let's get together soon. Afton was so cuddly, i can't wait to snuggle with him again!
Post a Comment