Saturday, June 6, 2009

..."a good kick in the arse"!

I love how the universe works sometimes. Given my somewhat fiesty post a couple days ago about this idea of authenticity, I was rudely thrown off my so-called 'high-horse' Friday morning with a nasty fall first thing that morning!

After leaving an office building, I was walking back to my car and decided to cut through the landscaped rock garden instead of taking the dedicated pathway. What can I say? It was Friday and I was feeling lazy! Two steps in walking down a miniature hill (and i'm talking REAL miniature), I slipped down on the sliding rock and landed very abruptly on my butt and my right palm.


Oh my goodness.
The pain was excruciating!
But like any normal person...
...I pretended like nothing happened -
I got up and kept on walking.

Why?
Because of the fear that somebody had watched the whole thing happen!
:)
Makes me smile, just thinking about how silly I am!

Sitting in my car, I went in to my dissassociative meditative state. "Pain is simply pain, i can blink through this, pain is simply pain, i am not consumed with pain". I have to say that it did really help! Most of the pain numbed within about 5 minutes although I was feeling very achey. The rest of Friday I was doing sun salutations in my little work corner to keep my spine stretched out nice good. It was a pretty hefty fall, judging from the rather large number of cracking noises my spine was making when stretching.

My bum was getting increasingly sore to sit on until I got home, peeled off my pants and saw a giant (ok, three inches) bruise on my bum-bum. Guys, it's gross. I mean...really gross. It looks like my bum has a wierd growth on it! Even Shila the dog flinched when she gazd her eyes upon it. I swear that I would post a picture if it wasn't on my bum! Today has been better although sitting is quite the task. My car seat is incredibly comfortable to sit on, the floor is an absolute no-no and the sofa is manageable.

Of course I feel like an idiot! Tap dancing is back next Tuesday (in 3 days) and I hope I can go! If not, I'm going to get a million questions from by tap buddies and I don't really feel like telling them about my incredibly icky and painful bruise on my bum! So lesson learned...don't sit on the high horse and blog, otherwise life will rudely kick you off the horse and give you a good kick in the arse!
~kavita



swift kick Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

Rosesq said...

Sorry about your fall. Hope it gets better soon. BTW, I was wondering if you can still wiggle:)...... Rich comments please;)

Anonymous said...

Hope you heal up very soon dearest Bo, and are back to tap, tap, tapping in a jiffy! x

Lauren said...

Butt bruises are the worst, and doesn't it seem as if we always fall right on it? What sick joke is this? Hope your butt feels better!