Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's a big'un

I'm feeling the need to have a project, a big project.  Something to throw myself in to.  Here are some ideas...

1. A painting for the living room - something I'm strongly considering given that I haven't painted in such a long time and I do miss it.

2. Running - I went to see my friend cross the race line for the P.F. Chang's Rock and Roll Half Marathon today and I thought to myself that I need to get back in to running and then run a race.  Might start off with a 5K though.  :)  Also this would help with the 6 lbs I've gained since the wedding.  Oops.

3. A side business - thought about making flowery hair do-da's for the local Farmer's Market and becoming a Saturday seller.  Might be fun but that would be a long term commitment and I would have to wake up early on Saturdays.  Ick.

4. P90X - actually I already kinda committed to this but then backed out (don't tell Rich).  I might have to stay good on my word though.

5. Converting my blog in to a book - not the kind to sell.  A while back I came across a website that will bind your posts in to a book.  I need to go through though and change all of my photobucket pictures as none of those will appear in the book.  Sigh.  This could be a BIG project but I would love to have a book of my posts.  :)

6. Speaking of which...start writing a book.  This has been one of my desires for a long time but it seems so daunting and I don't know the first thing about creating a story line.  But I could learn.

What do you think?  Any thoughts?  Whatever I pick, will of course be blogged about so here's you getting to have a say in what you read.  :)

4 comments:

Dakota O. said...

Painting - you love it and you're good at it....you should definitely include this in your plans. Also, blog2book...love the idea, I want to do it myself. Whatever you decide I hope it's something you will enjoy - with your job you definitely need self care/recharge type activities!

Lori ann said...

I say do it all! i am definetly with you on the back to running one. I was planning the same thing, signing up for a race (5k) to get my self back to shape. It never fails to motivate!

Bobkat said...

I think it's importnat to see some results so you egt a sense of achievement. I would love to see what you paint so definitley would like to see what you create for your living room nad I think you could also start on number 2 then with a view to doing the blog2book thing and then perhaps some writing... Just my thoughts : )

bodaat said...

Thank you my friends! The good news is that I've decided to definitely do the painting. That will be number one of my to-do list. :) We'll see what happens next!