I'm sick and it sucks. Mo and her family came over for lunch on Sunday and we had an awesome and relaxing time together. After we cleaned up the house, Rich and I took a nap, after which I woke up with a sore throat. Darn it! I worked from home yesterday hoping that I would feel better. But alas, today I am pretty much the same and so I called in sick (hence, blogging during regular work hours).
Best thing about being sick: Eating chocolate cake for breakfast every morning because it goes down so smoothly and beats any other breakfast food. :)
Worst thing about being sick: Not being able to hug Rich. I made big pouty eyes multiple times last night begging Rich to come hug me. He stayed strong and didn't come over which is a good thing. Last thing we need is both of us being sick. Who would take care of me?? Who would feed the dogs?? :)
Funniest thing about being sick: Sounding like Punky Brewster after inhaling helium.
My best tip for being sick? Going to sleep with a Halls lozenge in your mouth. Now I say this with extreme caution as I'm scared that if you try it, you might choke on it if not careful. Me on the other hand? I have mad skills in being able to suck on a lozenge while asleep. And I haven't choked yet! I've been doing this for a couple years whenever sick and it really helps to keep the throat lubricated while asleep. But again, if you choose to do this, please do so with extreme caution as I don't want you to choke while you're sleeping.
I am really hoping that I will feel better soon. I really hate being sick. I hate slowing down, hate not being able to work and getting out of my routine. But oh well....I always believe that when I get sick that it's my body's way of saying slow the heck down Kavita!!
So hopefully the next time I blog, I will be a lot better. :)
7 comments:
Get well SOON!!! And hugs are okay just not sloppy kisses. Hubby and I rarely pass germs back and forth as long as we wash our hands a lot and take our vitamins.
I'm laughing at your lozenge disclaimer. You wild and crazy gal!
I think we need a video of you talking like Punky Brewster on helium though...
Hugs from here,
Jan
Thank you Jan! I don't blame Rich for not hugging me. To be honest, I would be hesitant if the roles were reversed! He gives me air hugs and air kisses from afar. :)
Hope you're well!
Get well soon. Hallz lozenges may taste well even when you are fit and fine ! Better that way i think !
So... ! :)
Looking forward to your post stating that you are back fine !
This is too funny! Sad, but funny. And I do the same thing with Halls - do you use the mentho ones cause they are the best! I always thought I had the mad skills but I guess I have found my match! Hope you feel better soon dear friend:)
You better Get Well! Nothing like a nice cold to stop you in your tracks and force you to relax. As for the sleeping with the lozenge? I totally do that but hate when you wake up and it's all stuck in your cheek, 8 hours later. So gross but so helpful at the same time. GET BETTER!
Hope you feel much better by today. Hope it wasn't us who brought it over! Big hugs! x
Thank you my friends. This blogging thing is funny, huh? You learn things like you're not the only one to sleep with a halls lozenge in your mouth. :) I thought I was the only one for some silly reason!
Anyway I've finally rounded the corner today and am starting to feel better. Amen.
Post a Comment