Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The day after Valentine's

Well, it was a Hallmark prescribed kind of love but either way I'll take it!  So Valentine's Day this year was a bit of a bust which my friends was fine.  We did have extravagant plans to eat breakfast at the Biltmore Hotel (fancy schmancy local hotel), then take the dogs to the Riparian Preserve for a long walk and finish off the day with home prepared crab legs.  Unfortunately we both woke up super late (me with a sore throat) and after some online research realized that breakfast at the Biltmore would cost us an arm and a leg.  We decided to hit up a local bar for breakfast called Bongos.  Then we came back home and slept for several hours due to staying up late the previous night.  I woke up from the nap with a worse sore throat and so while Rich slept on, I rested with a good book.  Around dinner time we decided to forego the cooking and had Indian buffet which ended up not being so great.  Bust!

BUT...cut to yesterday, February 15th!  I had the day off (President's Day) while poor Richie had to work.  My sore throat had evolved to a sinus cold so I quickly realized that I would be doing nothing more than just resting on my sweet sweet day off.  At first I was upset about it but then realized that I could do what I had always wanted to which was to waste a whole day reading!!  I plopped down on a chair on the patio and draped my head with a big floppy sun hat and happily read for hours.  I mean.... hours!  Arizona took a nice turn in weather recently and has stayed in the 70's which is a bit warm for February but I'll take it!  Picture story to follow...

 
Here is me on the patio in my ridiculous get-up of cargo pants, woolly socks, clogs, sweatshirt and floppy hat.  Oh...and no make-up.  ps - Taz was running at the camera, can you tell?
Oh it was glorious!  I am reading Pillars of the Earth which is a gargantuan sized 1000 page epic novel of a book, but let me tell you but it is soooo good.  I am nearly done with it because of all the reading I got in yesterday.  Oh and the sun...it was glorious too.  There's nothing like letting the sun's natural rays warm you when you have an icky cold.  It felt so glorious!  And yes Mum, I used sunblock, don't worry.  I slathered it on my face, neck and the skin between my cargo pants and socks.  True story.  :)

At about 3pm, I decided it was nappy time.  I didn't sleep too well as my neighbors were out on their patio making a bit of a racket but that's ok.  :)  6pm quickly came by and Rich came home a bit early from work.  We decided to have the crab legs!


Here is Rich sliding the crab legs in to the oven to warm them up.  They came pre-cooked.

Nom, nom!!

We got the butter going and flavored it with minced garlic.
Nom, nom!

Happy about the crab legs in the oven!  And yes, I accidentally had the camera on a bit of a zoom...hence the big heads.

 
Taz was pretty happy too and went to town licking Rich's face.  Maybe he thought he was getting a special din-din too?

 
My Valentine Day flowers that Rich had delivered to my work on Friday.  :)  Beautiful, aren't they?  He did really good this year!

 
A less zoomed in pic.  And still no make-up BUT look at my hair!  I used a curling iron.  Not bad, eh?  My first time.  Rich has a silly smile in this pic.  Teehee!

Here they come!

 
Get in my belly!!
I didn't take any more pictures the rest of the evening but Rich also made this chocolate dessert which is half moist cake and half gooey chocolate goodness.  It is divine!  Too bad I didn't take any pictures.  That's how you know I really wolfed that baby down!

So altogether although our Valentine's Day sucked, the day after was fabulous!  Even while being sick!  I'm still feeling a bit poorly but at least it's not the flu.  I had that back in December and it kicked my patootie.  Well, that's it for now!  Here's wishing that all of you had a sweet Valentine's Day or day after.  :)

Peace
~kavita

6 comments:

Lori ann said...

Hahaaha, big heads always make me laugh. and now i want some crab legs, and i want to read a book in the sun. you look awfully cute and comfy to me.
i'm so glad you had a good day, happy v day mr.and mrs.!

Anonymous said...

As I was reading your post the girls were both saying OOH, There's Kavita and Rich! So cute! Love the way you spent your day. Glad you are feeling a little better. Love ya Bo! X

Dakota O. said...

You're right, I am a little jealous of you sitting outside all day in the glorious beautiful weather...but at least we will trade places in the summer when we are out and about all over and it is too hot there for you to do much of anything outdoors. (Okay, I'd still rather be in your place).

And ps - I told Micah that if we ever moved back it better not be in the summer because then we'd have almost a whole year spent mostly indoors - yuck!!!

Kavi said...

Those were some legs indeed ! So you had legs for valentines ! :)

Interesting indeed !

Ann Montgomery Baldinucci said...

I read Pillars of the Earth too and LOVED it! :-)
BTW, are you doing p90x? I'm starting it as soon as it arrives in the mail! So scared!

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that meticulous make. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were all over 190 bucks on every site. But finally I base this site selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you say about it?