my
laptop
might
die.
Soon.
Sigh.
It started about 2 weeks ago. I usually hibernate my laptop between use with the occasional complete re-boot once a week. 2 weeks ago, coming out of hibernation my laptop would at times give me the black screen of "i'm thinking really hard but nothing is happening". I would restart and all would be fine. This weekend I got the blue screen of "i'm dying, i'm dying, save me". Not once but about 4 times and each time I threw out the buoy and made the save. The question is how many more times will my laptop grab the life line? I'm thinking that I've been really uber lucky so far and that at some point my luck is going to run out. Will it be days, weeks or months? So if you don't hear from me for a couple weeks at a time I've either won the lottery or preparing a laptop funeral.
I've had this girl since 2005 (2006 maybe?) and it is my baby. I saved up for it on my own and am proud that I paid cash for it. It's an HP and I lurve it. Sigh. This is where I got my MySpace account when it was the "in" thing (trust me, I don't use it anymore), where I joined the Facebook craze, sold my shitty Pontiac Sunfire, snagged Rich through Match.com, started my blog, etc, etc. So that is why I need to start preparing now to say goodbye. Insert soppy Boyz to Men song. Sigh. It will still be a painful time when my baby HP finally kicks the dust but it has served me well.
I guess I need to start thinking about saving up again. Any suggestions for a new computer? I'll probably stick to HP but was also considering a Toshiba. And please nobody suggest a Dell because I highly dislike the keyboard. :) I like a good tap-tap-tap noise-making keyboard. My palm fat underneath my thumb also keeps making the mouse pad go crazy. And please nobody suggest a Mac because I'm not cool like that. I can't make the transition. It's too hard. :) Sigh. I know, I'm probably being picky, huh? In all reality, I'll take anything (except Rich's hand-me-down-Dell, sorry sweetheart) that works well!
So there you go. Again to recap, laptop is dying and it will be a lottery or funeral if I don't post for over a week. Capiche?
Peace,
~kavita
ps - this post got a bit hurried towards the end as we just started watching the bachelor. can't multi-task when jake is on screen!
5 comments:
All the best.. heres wishing that it lasts for a long while !
:)
Losing your laptop is kind of like losing a love-hate relationship.
We bought my son an HP (well, Grandma bought it) and so far, it's great. Hubs has an HP, too. I'm a mac girl. I won't try to persuade you, but the transition was easy-peasy. They are also more expensive though, which is why I'm praying mine doesn't die!!!
***Ally
How sad:( But I say buy one before it dies so you are not super stressed out at it happening (I mean, if your fairly sure it really is dying a slow death). And I'm sure you've done this but make sure everything important is backed up! Oh, and guess what - I GOT A LETTER TODAY!!! Sweet.
Thank you Kavi. I made sure that my laptop heard you. :)
Macs are definitely more expensive, huh Ally? I wonder why! I've heard that Mac users absolutely love their Macs while PC users usually just tolerate their PCs. I guess maybe there's something to be said about that!
Thank you Lizzie, I do have everything backed up. Just. In. Case. I almost want to do a back-up of my external hard drive. Just. In. Case. :) And...I'm glad you got the letter! I'm surprized how delayed it was though. I think I put that big boy in the mail on Thursday? Anyway, enjoy! Love ya!
I know you don't want to hear buy a Mac but if I had to buy over again I would. Our home computer is a DELL and it is shit! I wanted to buy a Mac then and wish I had splurged and got one. I know it is a change but I think it would be a good one..... if not stick to what you got. If you like HP then get another one!
Post a Comment