- If you've been living underneath a rock or perhaps in a different country (I'll accept both as legitimate reasons) you may not have heard that MY SISTER WON THE NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR!!! Yup! Pretty big news in our family! Out of something like 10 or 11 contestants, she got through every round of elimination until it was down to three. The last episode aired about 2 weeks ago and my sis was crowned as the winner. I am so freakin' proud of her! Her show...called Aarti Party...began airing this past Sunday on Food Network. Of course I am biased but I think the show is fabulous and I've already watched it twice! Here are some links so that you can most adequately stalk her:
- Aarti Party show on Food Network - please be sure to click on the ScrapBook and you will see pics of yours truly and my hubbie. I am very shameless about this, as you can tell!
- Aarti Paarti Blog - the inside scoop
- Also, you'll find her on LA Times, CNN and NPR to name just a few!
- I started the new gig at work! It's been about a month and I'm absolutely loving it so far. I have received such a warm welcome that has truly touched my heart and I have such an incredibly talented team to work with. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to partner with them! Everybody in the region I'm working in has been very expressive of how much they are enjoying having me around. I'm really loving it!
- Rich and I are heading to Puerto Vallarte soon! Rich has a week of vacation left to use before he loses it in September when his pool of hours replenishes for the year. So, we decided to put together a last minute trip to Puerto Vallarte! Why not? :) And we're going to go ahead and call it our honeymoon since we technically never got our act together to make the honeymoon happen. We're both thrilled to be staying at a resort on the beach and already have dolphin swimming, golfing and zip lining organized. I cannot wait! I promise to take lots of pictures and use at least 10 blog posts to bore you with them. I know. You can't wait.
- Shila has started farting and is acting as if the sky is crashing down on her every time. Yes - this is one of the four biggest moments that I need to tell you about. Just imagine living 7 years without knowing really what a noisy fart is like. 7 years. And then suddenly one day, your Mum changes your food on you and out of the blue you begin to emit a vibrating noise/feeling from your butt several times every day. On top of that, they all reek. I would probably feel like the sky was crashing too. So yes, Shila has started busting out really messy and sloppy sounding farts. She sounds like an elderly women who has lost her ability to embrace the concept of 'holding it in'. And every single time she farts, she jumps up wondering what the heck just happened. And then of course like a guy...she smells it. Oh the joys of having a Senior dog! And ps - before it gets suggested, I can't reverse the food. It's a special brand for her arthritis and hip dysplasia. And let me tell you she is on some great organic/natural food. Taz too - he gets to eat duck and bison every day. I swear the dogs eat better than we do
Happy Tuesday!
Peace,
~k
4 comments:
I was wondering where you went. So Nippon and I watched Aarti Party (of course) and found ourselves giggling and salivating at the same time. Your sis if FABULOUS. I'm making that sloppy joe tomorrow! Have funsies in Mehico. Can't wait to hear all about it!
i was just coming over to see where you were. I have not been blogging much this month either, too much going on, not fun things like you either. Many stressful things that make me head for the hills.
Have fun in Mexico, I haven't been to Puerto Vallarta in years. Tomorrow i leave for NYC for a week, I get to go see my baby (she left for college a week ago).
xxx
lori
p.s. Congrats to your sister! i'm sorry, i don't watch t.v. so i didn't see it.
I watched all the episodes of Food Network Star. Love your sister - congrats to her!
How exciting about your "honeymoon" I can't wait to hear all about it!
So happy you are back! Missed you Bo. xxx
Post a Comment