This past weekend has been very rough. So blue, down in the dumps, on the verge of tears at any second, lethargic and no motivation to do anything. And the worst part? I couldn't give you one good reason why however I will say that watching the 9/11 coverage and remembering that time in our lives hasn't helped either. The strange part was that last weekend, I was like superwoman - went to the gym, walked the dogs, made breakfast, cleaned, re-arranged the kitchen. You name it - I did it.
(Nevermind that she's white...)
So instead I sat on the sofa all of yesterday, save for a couple hours, and kept entertained with a newly found marathon of a disastrous yet captivating show on Lifetime called "Dance Moms". Yes you guessed it - a reality show featuring several moms of young girls who are in a dance company and belong to a monstrous dance coach/studio. It was so terrible and so good at the same time that I need to find out when it regularly airs.
I did some research online and learned that the high of last weekend and the low of this weekend are symptoms of my good friend Hashimoto. Grrr. Very often prior to a Hashi's diagnosis, individuals who experience this often get mis-diagnosed with depression or even bipolar disorder. Yikes. I am awaiting my new supplements in the mail (one of which I got yesterday, thank goodness) and am eager to get them started.
The highlight and the only thing that really got me to feel a bit excited was the Michigan-Notre Dame game that we caught the last half off last night. What an amazing game! Not sure if any of you watched it. It was a nail biter for sure. 3 touch downs in the last minute and a half, yo-yo'ing the teams against each other. Now I'm not a huge football fan, by any means, but put a Michigan game in front of me and I will yell, scream and jump off the sofa like any other (much truer) fan. Anyway, thankgoodness for my big Blue. It helped end my day on a good note.

Today I am determined to 'make it a good one' :) and attack my to-do list. No TV for me today, no moping and no crying. Today, I am going to don a cute outfit (even though I plan to be at home), blast some favorite tunes and focus on crafting and perfecting lemon cream filled cupcakes. :) Martha Stewart, here I come...


5 comments:
So glad you are posting again! Sorry to hear about the rough weekend - we're just a short drive away if you ever need a little energy boost in the size of two tots! :)
thanks love. xxx
the true beauty of blogging is being able to write however you want. i hope this day was much better, yummy cupcakes!
i love your superimposed face!
thanks lori ann! you're so right. ps - the cupcakes came out great. :)
heather - i don't know what you're talking about. that's what i always look like. (wink).
Post a Comment