Sunday, October 30, 2011

my best halloween costume

This year at our work, we decided to have our first annual halloweek potluck coupled with a team costume competition. As soon as word got out, the competition was fierce! Teams were conspiring to come up with the best costume! Our Leadership Team voted and finally decided on the theme of the circus, which I personally was very excited about! It made me think of one of my favorite books - Water for Elephants! Although I wasn't a huge circus go-er as a child and I am not so hot about those poor animals being paraded around for us humans, there is something still mystical and enchanting about the idea of a circus.

I took some time to think about a costume - initially I thought of a chinese acrobat (was going to hot glue plastic champagne glasses together in a tier on a head band). Also thought about a ring master or lion tamer, but none of those sounded exciting enough until I saw this...and suddenly I knew what my costume was destined to be!



So cute, huh? This is courtesy from Tip Junkie and although made for a young'in, I knew I could adapt to an adult costume.

I already had a dowel rod that I had spray painted black and easily found a red/white striped shirt at Savers. The rest came together quite easily! And the end product? Here you go!



Not bad, eh? My 'stache is kinda falling off in the pic but you get the picture. :) This has to be, by far, my best halloween costume!

5 comments:

Rosesq said...

You look as if you are in pain Kuv:)

Hyder Ali said...

I love love LOVE it! Brilliant!

Bodaat said...

Thank you Heather! And yes Mum, that bar bell was HEAVY. (wink)

Nicky said...

love it, so creative and fun!

Bodaat said...

thanks Nicky!