Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Grateful List

I think these are healthy to do once in a while, if not daily.

Five things that I am very grateful for:

* Pat Bryant, dog trainer extraordinaire - Although our training sessions are crazy early in the morning, it has been well worth the piercing wake-up alarm that has jolted my heart every Thursday morning at 6:15am. We just finished our last official individual dog training session and we have come a long way with our little Taz Man. Pat is an excellent trainer and I admire this lady tremendously. She could have chosen not to work with such an aggressive little doggy but she did and my goodness, has she worked wonders. Not only working directly with Taz but teaching us how to adapt our voices and body posture/movement/direction/everything to ensure that Taz knows that he ain't the boss no longer. I'm glad that we did this now. If we get married and have kids, I'm sure glad that we have learnt the skills to have more control over him now. Pat is through Animal Attitudes and I highly recommend her!

* Home cooking - Rich and I are really trying to change our eating habits to spend less out and spend more on home cooking. This week we did really well making a spinach pie that lasted us two meals and a chilli that will again last us two meals. We're on the right track!

* Greasing the wheels - we've also started working out at Pure Fitness. We got a smoking deal at work and so far we've been sticking with it. We both realized that it's time to take care of our bodies before it gets too late. I'm working on bulking up the muscle and it really has been fun lifting weights! The gym isn't the prettiest but who needs the fancy artwork and decorations? The point is to work out, not chill out, right? Right!!

* Personal growth - the past 6 months have been huge for me. I've realized quite a bit about what works for me and what doesn't. I've become more aware of the type of people that I tend to gravitate towards and that what I've been doing is unhealthy. I've realized the power of positivity and the impact of being around good energy. I've learnt that doing things for me isn't selfish - it's simply doing things for me.

* TV ain't for me - yes, read and weep with joy or sadness my friends. I have come to realize that I am no longer a 'tv person'. One of the last things I want to do when I come home from work is put the tube on. The noise grates on my nerves and really, is there anything good to watch other than 'America's Got Talent'? Not for me, there isn't. Now don't get me wrong, I still watch some TV - mostly as bonding with the man. Watching shows together can be fun but enjoying quiet jazz and reading our books together is a lot better for me!

ps - I now need to remove "TV" from my blog description.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wished I lived closer to you! I am so happy that we are back in touch again :)

bodaat said...

Yes sweet Maria, I'm happy about it too!