The show is $12 a person (very reasonable!) and pits two teams against each other using various improv games. The audience is very much part of the fun as they help build the games. It was an awesome experience - very funny! A good laugh for $12, that's for sure. The NTC has shows every Friday and Saturday night and every show is different. These folks are incredibly talented and it's amazing to see how fast they can think on their feet. It's sheer intelligence!
Here are some pictures of the evening...
I would highly recommend the NCT as a fun night out. NCT is very local and full of Phx talent. They also do corporate events (I'm going to try get them at our next Christmas Party!) and also have workshops. I'm considering the latter but I'm not sure if I would be good.
After improv, I was craving a good ol' cold beer so we stopped at Fibber Magees which is a local Irish pub. They had awesome live music and apparently have it every Saturday night. This pub is in the Mesa/Chandler area and so the crowd is down-to-earth - no boobs popping out of shirts here. (wink) You can find some good Irish beer on tap and the liveliness can' t be beat. I'm not sure who the band was but they were awesome - I felt like I was in Ireland!
1 comment:
what a fun night!!!
do the workshop! you will rock no matter what -- that is the beauty of improv.
Post a Comment