Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunday afternoon

Two of my favorite things were part of my Sunday afternoon - my friend Donna and cupcakes. :)

Donna is my dear friend from when I lived in Scottsdale. We grew to know each other through our informal community dog park that we used to go to every day. Those were special days! Our neighborhood had created it's own and very illegal dog park. Not fenced and not publicized, our community had decided that the city's dog parks were too dangerous as we never knew the dogs nor the owners - not a good combination. So we built our own! When I joined the neighborhood this community dog park was already in existence and they welcomed Shila and I in with big open arms. Shila finally opened up to other dogs (she hides underneath tables at the regular dog parks) and she also became very friendly with a dog name Mia. Mia is a beautiful mix - not sure what but she has a very gentle but strong soul. As Shila became friendly with Mia, so I too became friendly with Mia's Mum, Donna.

Donna has one of the biggest hearts I know. No really, she does. She is the definition of a helper - always putting others in front of herself. She is a beautiful, beautiful person (yes that's two 'beautifuls' and she deserves it!). Donna, Charity and I formed our own little girls' night on Thursdays all crowded around the TV watching Grey's Anatomy and whilst we oooh'd over McDreamy and cried over endless stories of love lost or passed, we grew closer together. Donna has always been there for me - she even watched Shila for a month while I was in India over Christmas. She is a strong Christian and gives me guidance without shoving it down my throat.

I love my Donna and am very grateful that she is part of my life! Sunday afternoon we chatted it up, girly style over home-made cupcakes and had an awesome time! Here is a picture on the timer of us three girls.
ps - Shila was over the moon happy to see her Aunty Donna! She licked Donna's foundation off her cheek, chin and nose. (wink)
After Donna left, I had way too many cupcakes left so I decided to have some fun with the icing and food dye. Kinda reminded me of being a kid. I ended up making this whimsical decoration for my man.

I think we only have the letters "I", "L", "V" and "Y" left. The vowels were very popular.

No comments: