
I also put together a welcome basket which is the hot new thing to do for guests. You find a basket and decide on a theme. It could be - items to feel pampered with, or perhaps food, or maybe movies. I went with a general theme of things to keep yourself occupied with if you're feeling bored. So I packed the basket with two cups full of tea bags, a Phoenix and Real Simple magazine, a Book of Questions, an interesting book about the power of belief, bath salts and some snack food. Cool, huh? Rich's Mom Helen and Michael flew in today and liked the idea. Whatchya think?

5 comments:
Love the room, it looks very serene and peaceful. (Can I come and stay next please?:)
Also love the basket. What a great idea to make someone feel welcome. My Dad is coming in December, (Yyay!!) I think I might do the same, all within the confines of my compact, though I guess it qualifies as a gift, kind of??
Wow, makes me want to come stay at your house! The basket is so nice. Mmmm tea.
I love subdued colors, at least I do right now. I have helped my parents paint nearly every room in their house a different shade of tan. I redid their guest room in a very similar shade. It looked great, especially if you saw the before color. Gag.
http://coolmusings.blogspot.com/2008/09/degreening-my-life.html
Here is the picture of the before color of my parents' guest room. They let people sleep in there... Seriously. It was my brother's room and he wanted it emerald green. We learned a few things from this paint job. Never paint the ceiling anything but white/cream and DO NOT paint doors. Just don't do it.
Mo - that's exciting that your Dad is visiting in December! I hope you find the right items to put in your welcomes basket. And you can totally stay within your compacting pledge. Everything I put in there was used from the house!
Leaner - thank you for sharing the before and after pics! That aqua color was quite interesting. :) And ps - Mo and I are organizing a dinner date at my house. Would you like to come?
I want to come and stay too! One day, I need to come and do a road trip in the US and stop by. Now I am going to be a teacher, at least I will have the long holidays! I love the basket. My sister-in-law did that for me recently when I went to stay. For Christmas this year I am going to make little fragrant lavender sachets for clothes drawers, that would be another nice addition to a basket i think. My mum got me some nice French lavender last year and I have lots of scraps of vintage fabric, ribbons and buttons to make them - perfect! take care honey xx
Post a Comment