Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Big Wonder!

So intertwined in my posts over the past week or more, I've focused on the theme of remembering childhood TV programs and be ready for another beauty!

Anybody remember....

It's a Small Wonder!
Ever since I found this on youtube a couple weeks ago, the theme song has been running through my head. It seems like every morning as Rich and I are still lying in bed, this song will miraculously pop back in my head and I'll bust out some tunes. I think Rich is getting just a little sick of it. :)
Before I chat about this wonderful little memory, here's the opening theme music so that it can get stuck in your head too...




I loved this show! Of course the character I loved the most was Vickey. A little robot, made by her Dad, she was the darling of the family. She could squeeze an orange with her bare hands, and make crazy insane noises like a ship's horn. And she also had a tendency to repeat what others around her said. So cute! And she always wore a cute little red pinafore dress. Oh, that would have made a cute halloween costume! Although I'm not sure people nowadays really would know who Vickey was.
I found a couple clips on youtube but this was nice and short and seemed to portray quite well how adorable little Vickey was. Remember - she's a robot!



4 comments:

leaner said...

Hmmm... that looks really familiar. Wonder if we watched that as children. Its really WEIRD I must say.
(Gwennie was listening and she is saying "I like you very much" in her best robot voice. Oh man is she hilarious!)

leaner said...

I think it is the obnoxious neighbor girl that I remember.

bodaat said...

Or are you possibly thinking of Full House? There was an obnoxious neighbor on that show too. Although for some reason I was kind of fond of her annoyingness. I want to hear Gwennie's robot voice! You should video tape and send it to me!

Unknown said...

It's so funny you keep coming up with all these shows!1 I keep watching these clips and thinking 'oh yeah!'