The other night Rich and I were talking about movies and shows that we grew up with. After delving in to my memory vaults, I dug out this beauty - Will Quack Quack.
Most of you know that my family and I grew up in Dubai and in the old old days, there was only english speaking tv channel - Channel 33. It was our everything and for two kids (my older sister and I) who LOVED to watch tv, Channel 33 became one of our greatest loves.
Will Quack Quack was a cartoon that we grow up with. Channel 33 probably had about 10 episodes of this cartoon series but I absolutely adored them. When I found this on youtube, my heart was literally jumping up and down on it's heart strings. Watching this, yanked me back in to my childhood remember many afternoons glued to our Bang and Olufsen TV watching Will Quack Quack. Channel 33 would replay these so often that we knew them by heart and probably sometimes got bored with them but you have no idea how much I am craving being able to watch an episode right now.

The thing I remember loving so much about Will Quack Quack was the beautiful illustrations. It was the palette with which the cartoonist made Will and his family come to life that drew me to this cartoon. I'm not sure that I knew it then. The colors are all very Easter like - pale complimentary colors. I also just loved the little Welsh accent the family had, especially Mama Duck. Will was terribly innocent and cute - although he very often got in to trouble, he had a heart of gold!
Here's a small snippet I found on youtube:
I've decided that for the next couple of days, I'll continue my journey in to my favorite TV programs from my childhood, unwrapping some ol' goodies of mine. I'm not sure what you grew up with but hopefully when you see a couple of the selections I find, it will bring you back to your childhood too.
And because she's so DAMN cute in this picture, here is my piglet - my little sister.

Most of you know that my family and I grew up in Dubai and in the old old days, there was only english speaking tv channel - Channel 33. It was our everything and for two kids (my older sister and I) who LOVED to watch tv, Channel 33 became one of our greatest loves.
Will Quack Quack was a cartoon that we grow up with. Channel 33 probably had about 10 episodes of this cartoon series but I absolutely adored them. When I found this on youtube, my heart was literally jumping up and down on it's heart strings. Watching this, yanked me back in to my childhood remember many afternoons glued to our Bang and Olufsen TV watching Will Quack Quack. Channel 33 would replay these so often that we knew them by heart and probably sometimes got bored with them but you have no idea how much I am craving being able to watch an episode right now.

The thing I remember loving so much about Will Quack Quack was the beautiful illustrations. It was the palette with which the cartoonist made Will and his family come to life that drew me to this cartoon. I'm not sure that I knew it then. The colors are all very Easter like - pale complimentary colors. I also just loved the little Welsh accent the family had, especially Mama Duck. Will was terribly innocent and cute - although he very often got in to trouble, he had a heart of gold!
Here's a small snippet I found on youtube:
I've decided that for the next couple of days, I'll continue my journey in to my favorite TV programs from my childhood, unwrapping some ol' goodies of mine. I'm not sure what you grew up with but hopefully when you see a couple of the selections I find, it will bring you back to your childhood too.
And because she's so DAMN cute in this picture, here is my piglet - my little sister.

5 comments:
oh my god! will quack quack! i LOVED that show although every now and then a character would freak me out a bit (usually when his mum would get mad at him). i can't wait to watch this clip! thankyou so much for refreshing my memory about this show.
now if you can find the babapappas, i think i'll cry.
:)
oh and that is one of my favorite pictures of crish. she looks like a doll!
Even though i do not remember seeing this cartoon, it brought back pleasant memories of Dubai,especially the years when you guys were kids. And yes i loved the welsh accent.
The piglet looks cute as ever: oh no!, i should not have mentioned it for now her ego will probably go through the roof.
Dad
I remember that show too!!!! Yes your sis is totally cute!
Thanks Dad for commenting on the blog! I love looking at all of our old pictures. I agree - it brings back fond memories and full smiles.
Hi friends tell me some of the difference and advantages of iphone with contract and without contract.. And also tell me some of the websites to know more about the iphones…
________________
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]
Post a Comment