Monday, December 8, 2008

Good friends and good food

You really can't go wrong with good friends and good food! On Saturday evening, our friends Lisa and Carlos along with their two sons came over for dinner. Mmmm, I cooked a great dinner! Flank steak with mushrooms and cream sauce on a bed of baby arugula. I'm not a huge steak fan but this was soooo good. The steak was cooked just right and the sauce came out perfect. The arugula too was surprisingly good! I think I'm now a fan. Of course so excited by the food in front of us, I forgot to take a foodie pic. I tell you when my focus is somewhere else, I always forget about the camera! Now if I had a big hunka lovin' camera like a Nikon or a Canon I don't think I would forget. :) One day, one day...

I've known Lisa for about 6 years now. Wow. 6 years. That's a long time. We met when I started working and ever since then have had a tight bond. There's something about the longevity of a friendship that makes it extra special, don't you think? Lisa and I just have this connection that I can't put in to words and although we might not talk every day, or even every week, we're close as ever. I love my Lisa! Lisa has a 12 year old son J., whom I have always called Joshy and after meeting her husband Carlos, Lisa had little A. All of Lisa's boys (all three of them!) are just adorable. We had such a nice evening together! There was always laughter in the air whether it was because we were watching little A. obsessively stick his little foot in a hole in our carpet or just because when good friends come together, good things will always happen.

Here are some pictures from the evening!

Little A. and J. together outside. Check out little A.'s track suit!


Mum, Dad...sorry I forgot to tell you but Rich and I had a baby.
J/k!!
Look how intently A. is looking at Rich. :)


Carlos and little A. Really, isn't he just adorable? Carlos too!

Lisa and little A. goofing around.


Family picture! Clockwise from the left - Lisa, Carlos, A. and J.


Hey good looking!



I want this baby!

No comments: