I decided to reply to a tag by Bella at That Damn Expat. Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
So here goes bloggies....
1. If I leave a lip mark on a drinking glass, I try and drink out of the same exact spot that I left the lip mark. But why Bodaat? Because I hate seeing a glass with multiple lip marks. Ewww.
2. I never leave any toothpaste in the toothbrush after brushing. But why Bodaat? Because it's cruddy and so left-over. I don't want to brush my teeth with last week's left-overs. Ick.
(Made you think, didn't I?)
3. I'm awful in large crowds. I despise work potlucks (kill me now), large gatherings at a friend's house (kill me again), etc, etc. But why? It's often easier for me to drift in to the background than to fight to stay in the foreground or even in the middle. I also don't have much patience for small talk. I know, I'm awful. Most people are surprised by this wierd quirk as I'm known for being fairly social.
4. I wanted to be an actress when I was younger. I loved the limelight (I know, I'm a walking oxy-moron) and I loved playing somebody else. Getting to be a snarly cocktail waitress from Liverpool or a 1940's charlatan stuck in Shakespeare land were exhilirating feelings. When I told my dear Mum that I wanted to be a famous actress she oh so gently reminded me that there were no Indian actresses in Hollywood. Hence, I now work in health care. :) It's ok -it truely is really where I'm meant to be!
5. I'm a water snob. Everybody in the house, including the doggies drink filtered/bottled water. Why? Because I want all of us to live long and healthy lives. Call me crazy but I'm convinced that tap water is filled with toxins. I don't know if the dogs can really tell the difference and it might all be in my head but I'm at peace with it. Needless to say fiance isn't and quietly goes along with my perceived insanity. Best fiance e-v-e-r.
6. I cut coupons. Before you smirk, I saved $23 in grocery shopping this week solely in coupons and I bought items that I really needed.
I know.
You can say it.
I'm awesome.
However the lady in front of me was SUPER awesome. She had two plastic boxes (6 x 8 and 3 inches in depth) full of coupons categorized with labels. She had so many coupons that she was eyeing everybody's carts who were in line for the cashier and was handing out her coupons to them. Now that is ridiculously awesome!Ok, so now here is the part where you step in. Next time you're blogging, please include 6 wonderful and insightfully intriguing habits/quirks/non-important pieces of information about yourself. OR!!! Write them about your significant other. Hahaha! That'll go down like a fart in church, huh??
I'm supposed to tag people but that is just so much work. I'm going to update my list of Blogs that Rule on the right hand side. The list is really everybody's blogs that I follow and read every day. Yup, you read right. I check on you every day. Yes, I'm a big nerd. Or a blog stalker. Pick whichever.
Ok, no more posting for tonight. I need to get off this damn laptop!
4 comments:
woohoo my blog rules! :-P
I'm with you on the toothpaste thing.
Not on the water thing though. We have awesomely clean water here and there was a big scandal when it turned out that Pepsi was bottling our tap water. Idiots.
Or was it Coca Cola? Wait, which one has water? See, I'm clueless when it comes to bottled water.
I wish our water was drinkable! It would say us so much money. It has quite a metallic taste that I just can't stand. And thanks for having my back on the toothpaste thing. Fiance things I'm insane (what's new?).
LOL I totally feel you. I am quiet and reserved, but I loved acting. I look at jobs like acting. When I go to work (or when I used to work) I would get into a role, not Leaner, but Working Women, social butterfly extraordinaire. Not at all like the real me.
I hate coupons, but know a lot of people who use them religiously. I just can't be that organized, or maybe I just always forget the ones I have at home.
Yeah Leaner, I don't what it is about crowds. I don't nervous but I just put my head in the groun like an ostrich. I can't explain it. I want to say that it's just easier but I also know that that isn't the true reason. Not sure what the true reason is as yet.
Coupons...I have the best coupon organizer! You might just have to try it out...it's the best feeling. It's free money and it's almost a competition to see how much you can get free from the store.
Post a Comment