Oh wow, how is it already 10:41pm? Crap. Well I have to go to bed so I will have to write this Speedy Gonzales style.
So my sweet sweet Rich is sick as a dog. He started going down on Monday after a weekend in Vegas (that place is hell on crack I tell you). He was feeling incredibly tired - maybe more so than a weekend in Vegas should deserve. And then on Tuesday he got home from work and told me that he felt like he was getting sick. Being in bed at 8:30pm for Rich is very unlike him. Wednesday, he went home sick - again, very unlike my little Batman. Wednesday night he asked that I sleep in the guest bedroom. Wha?? Yup, he was that bad. And today he hardly made it out of bed. Poor guy.
My little button is sick and I feel so bad for him. All I want to do is wrap him in my arms and let him sleep on my chest. He has been sporting a fever since last night. The Sponge Bob Square Pants thermometer read 100 last night, 101 this morning, 102 this afternoon and he's now back down to 101. Sigh.
This is the first time that I've seen my boo so sick. He generally sprints his way through colds and doesn't let them bother him. He's always the healthy one and I'm always the one headlining with a UTI, or a cold, or a headache, or a hip ache or a TMJ flare up. He's always taking care of me. I have to say that although I would give anything for him to not have the flu, it has been nice to be able to - for once - really take care of him.
I've been totally babying him. I probably shouldn't but I just can't help it. I'm scurrying around the neighborhood finding him his favorite soups, getting him apple juice, washing the thermometer, getting him a blanket, etc. I even forced him in to the shower today (he was looking a bit icky and I thought it would help his fever).
Pout.
I hope he feels better soon. It breaks my heart to see him being beaten up by this flu.
I do have to tell you a funny story though - since he hardly gets sick, he's totally flabbergasted by the fact that he got the flu and is asking questions like..."how long will this last?"..."what should i do next?"..."did you google what to do about the fever?". It's very cute. :)
I will end today's entry with this...as I was catching up with everybody's blogs today I came across PetalsYoga's post for today. I smiled with big joy as I realized the beauty in her simplistic yet powerful message for today. Isn't it awesome? Isn't she awesome? It makes me realize how blessed and thankful I am to be healthy and wholesome (minus gimpy hip). :)
5 comments:
Get well soon Rich!
Thanks Mo. :)
Hi,
I posted here earlier thanking you for such a sweet response to my blog but now I'm thinking I lost that post. Anyway, thanks so much for mentioning me on your blog and I hope everything is great in your world.
;-)
Oh dear Petals, I hope I didn't mistakenly delete your bost. I really do like your blog. It helps me feel grounded, if that makes any sense. Your post yesterday just seemed to arrive at just the right time for me. :) It's nice when the universe works out that way.
Thank you for taking such good care of me while I am sick! Note to self...couple days later and she is ready to kill me ;-)
Post a Comment