Last Sunday, Rich, Shila and I joined our work crew - the Country Club Kickers (!) - for the NAMI walk. NAMI is a nation wide organization that advocates for those living with some sort of mental illness. Now while I'm not so hot on the words 'mental illness', I felt it was important to support the cause and band together to stamp out societal stigmas associated with 'mental illness'. The walk was about 3 miles (although it felt like 10!) and the day was gorgeous. We had a great turn-out...over 800 people showed up and raised just under $100,000. Nice. :)
Here are some pictures from that day.

Presenting the Country Club Kickers complete in red shirts and our color coordinated mardi gras beads graciously supplied by Party City!
It's ok, you can say it...
...we rocked the look.
3 comments:
Kavita,
You are truly a blessing in my life. We've never met but I do feel deeply grateful for you and your overflowing heart. The world is a better place simply because you are here.
Hugs,
Jan
Thats awesome that you did that!and for such a great cause. i love your photo, you are so cute(ok, both of you ;) what a great day.
♥
Jan - thank you for sending your love to my sister. I just read her blog and saw your sweet message. Thank you also for your message to me! :) I'm feeling the love over here!
Lori Ann - thanks sister. It felt good to walk in support of such an awesome cause.
Post a Comment