Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wedding Updates

Ok male readers, here is a pre-emptive 'don't bother reading this blog post' warning. :) This is devoted to my ideas for the wedding reception centerpieces, the bouqet and (drum roll)...the dress! I'm warning you that this is going to get girly in about...

5
4
3
2
1
Girly post has begun!!

This past weekend my best friend Kelly came to town for a wedding planning marathon! We got a crap lot done and I am SO happy that she was able to make it. Thank you Kelly!

So I wanted to post some updates following our big weekend so here goes...

Ok, so for those that don't know, the colors for our wedding are green and orange. Kind of a bright orange and a light apple green. If you know me well enough you'll know that I LOVE color! I like bright clothing, love colorful artwork, am in heaven with Day of the Dead festivities...etc, etc. :) Color is my thing. So that is why we chose some bright colors rather than anything in the pastel family. Not that I have anything against pastels...

So I came across this bouqet online and fell in love! It was has calla lillies, orange roses, hypernicum berries and an asiatic lilly. I'm not a big fan on the latter but the rest I LOVE! So I'm hopefully going to get this made as the bridal bouquet! I'm so excited. :)


We went to a florist this past weekend but he was a bit cooky and really didn't have any ideas for us. He just wanted us to basically pick from the album and nothing in the album was really whispering it's sweet song to us. So we swung by Safeways and they said they could do everything we wanted and for cheaper! NICE! If anybody has any advice about using Safeways, please let me know.

For the centerpieces I had wanted to do floral arrangements but the price was really getting up there so Kelly and I played around with the floating flower idea. I've seen it done with Gerberber Daisies before but wasn't too impressed. So we tried a bright orange tiger lilly and hey presto, I loved it! We're thinking of putting three in a bowl with three floating candles. Whatchya think? I'm really digging it. :)



I'm not sure that we can fit 3 flowers and 3 floating candles in here so I may have to adapt those numbers a bit. I just love these flowers! And did I mention that it's cheaper than making a whole flower arrangment? And easier?? :)

And in other news....still related to wedding stuff....I found a dress! Kelly, Jen and I went to David's Bridal yesterday and after a painstakingly hard decision, I found a winner!

This was one of our favorites when I went about a month ago with my sister and Rich's Mum and it still is!



Isn't that back hot? Hahaha!! :) I am so excited!!!
Kelly and I also did some wedding invitation work and I think I nearly have those figured out although my brain is really bad at math right now so I will need Rich's help. :) Well, those are my updates for today! For my male readers...please come back in a couple days for more gender-neutral content!

13 comments:

Lauren said...

Ahhhh! Your dress is GORGEOUS! That back is va-va-vooom. I found florists to be pains in the you know whats, and that you just have to tell them what you want, so sounds like Safeways a good idea if they'll listen to what you want. I'm so excited for you!

Rosesq said...

Kuv, I am glad you went all through all the other dresses and came back to the one that was liked by us all.

Really looks nice.

Just a thought, won't Rich be looking at this Blog????

Mum

Jan Holt said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! Love the flowers love the centerpieces love the dress. You are a GODDESS!

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing as your Mum... what if Rich reads your blog??!!!

LOVE the colours!! LOVE your dress!! It looks perfect on you! When I found my dress I tried it on then none of the others compared and I ended up back there!! I think the flowers floating are a great idea... it looks good. We did big pillar candles on the table and rented the glass that we put them in... Our colours were browns so we put pine cones on the tables... there are lots of great ideas instead of wedding centre pieces... we just had one made for the head table. I have been dying to hear about all your wedding/girly stuff!! I just love it!!

aartilla the fun said...

as a classic bossy, pretentious and arrogant Leo, i would like to point out that i called it -- i knew that was the dress! i liked that other one too kuv, but this one is so so so pretty! it's perfect for you!

i love the bouquet and the colours, and the centerpieces look cool! thankyou so much kelly for helping kuv out so much!

one though -- will the floating candles set the flower ablaze?

bodaat said...

Lauren - thank you hun! i just bought it today and i'm SO excited! it'll be here middle of May. I can't wait! I'm probably going to try it on every day. Yes, I am that excited. :)

Mum - well actually, Rich has already seen the pictures. He helped me decide. I know, we're wierd like that.

Jan - thank you! i think those centerpieces will turn out pretty good.

Maria - your wedding decorations sound lovely! I contemplated brown and green. just love the color brown. plus - it's the color of my skin. haha!!

Aarti - umm, I know. We kinda were wondering that too but I'm going to go with no. Just because. It's easier to believe that there will be no flowers on fire at our wedding!

Unknown said...

Hi Kuv,

Please do not worry about being wierd, you are in illustrious company. Plus, if you must really know the root cause, look no further than the genes!

Rosesq said...

Dad and I were like that too. We didn't believe in any superstitions and I am glad that you have inherited those genes.

We have been married 31 years and you know that we have been happy, so it just proves that it those superstitions are not true.

lovinair said...

How beautiful! I think you've picked out a gorgeous dress and had terrific ideas about colors and flower arrangements. I can't wait to see how it all comes together in October :)!!

Christina said...

Not to echo everyone else, but... love the flowers and the dress is gorgeous!! You're going to be stunning on your wedding day (not that you aren't anyway! ;)

bodaat said...

Dad - oh trust me, I know where I got my wierdness from!!

Mum - I know superstitions have no basis. A friend of mine today was shocked that Rich had already seen pictures. I rolled my eyes. It means nothing!!

Erin - It's November. :) Nov 14th - mark your calendar sister!

Christine - thank you sister! I'm incredibly excited. :))

Anonymous said...

All lovely! Absolutely adore that bouquet, and you look stunning in the dress. I think I must be almost as excited as you! Can't wait. x

bodaat said...

Me too Mo! I can't wait either!