Wednesday, December 9, 2009

***brrrrr***

No, not me.  Well actually...I take that back.  I am nearly constantly cold in this Winter weather and trust me it really isn't that bad.  But for us Arizonans, a high of 62 degrees is *freezing*!  But anyway, this isn't about me.  This is about them.  Who?  Celebrities.  What?  Well, I got sucked in to one of yahoo's websites on celebrity pictures and although of course these ladies look absolutely grogeous you've got to wonder how freakin' cold they are.  Take a look.



First of all let me say that Sarah Jessica Parker (who is one of my favorites!) looks drop dead gorgeous here.  She was relentlessly teased in the media about a year ago for looking too old, which if you ask me is utter crap, but anyhoo it happened.  I didn't like my "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" star being mocked for her age.  In my opinion, the media is far too harsh on celebrities.

But I digress.  The point of this picture is to ask ourselves how cold our sweet Sarah must have been!  The high in London today was 50 degrees.  Yesterday the high was 54 degrees.  That is COLD.  I mean even if you're used to snow-like weather, wearing a sleeveless, short dress in 54 degree weather?  And it looks like it's an evening picture which probably means it was in the 40's.  Goodness gracious, can you even imagine?  Oh you can't?  Well, take a look at this.
 


Gorgeous, gorgeous Liz Hurley.  Now she is what I call 'sultry'!  The dress is of course beautiful and fits her like a glove.  A very pretty red and pink glove, might I add.  But again, if I were her, I would have been freezing my arse off!  Now listen I've also got to say that Sarah pulled off the "No, I'm not cold at all" look much better than poor Liz who with the feigned smile, crossed legs and arms may have been having a hard time hiding the pain of the cold.  Can you blame the girl?

So what gives?  You gotta look sexy and hot for good PR no matter what the weather outside is?  Is that what it takes now a days?  I mean you couldn't pay me enough to do that.  Oh.  Waaaaaaiiiiiiit.  Maybe you could.  I'm pretty cheap.  I would do it for $1000.  Heck, I'd probably do it for less.  Damn it.  I guess I just figured out the answer to 'what gives?'.

But then there's our graceful hero who doesn't pretend to believe that you have to suffer to look stylish (although those heels do look quite high).



That's right Madonna!  You're rocking quite the look and it appears that you're nice and warm as well!  Now while I love SJP and Liz Hurley, Madonna's got it right.  She's cold and damn it, she's going to dress warm no matter what the media really wants!  And doesn't she look hot?  But I guess Madonna is Madonna and probably doesn't need any more good press.  Come on, she's Madonna! 

Sigh, these poor celebrities.  They work on movies for half a year, pose for pictures, do interviews and have to dress in short mini-dresses...all for pennies!  Oh wait.  That's right.  :)  I wish I were a celebrity.

ps - I love blogging about nothing significant.

4 comments:

Holly Lefevre said...

I got sucked in by the photo of SJP and I just LOVE that look. Cold or not, she looks amazing.

Holly @ 504 Main

Kavi said...

If you cant be a 'normal' human being, whats the point in being a celebrity ?!?

Hmm !!

:)

emmeline said...

I would need to team those dresses with aussie sheepskin boots, a scarf, cashmere gloves and coat! It's all about the natural fibres... my key to surviving British winters. xx

Dakota O. said...

What a fun post! But seriously, I could never pull off not looking cold when I am actually freezing my arse off!