Sunday, February 28, 2010

Riparian Preserve, a second time

Knowing that it was going to rain today (Sunday), we decided to take advantage of being outside yesterday.  Rich hadn't been to the Riparian Preserve as yet and I really wanted to take him.  It's only about a 20 minute drive from our house so it really is incredibly close.  We took both dogs seeing as we had been in Chicago for several days.  The guilt of them being stuck in the house during that time was weighing heavy!

 
Before she realized that I had a camera in my hand.

After she realized I had a camera in my hand.


This is by far Rich's favorite look.  :)  He photographs pretty well with the grumpy look, huh?  Oh wait, he calls it 'tough guy'.  :)


What was he looking at?


 
This.
Gorgeous isn't it?  It was amazing to see so many birds out on the ponds.




Hi Tazzie!! 
He loved the birds too.
He was also on quite the tight leash.  :)
He has a tendency of jumping in to ponds to nosh on the birdies.


My turn!  All was well until...

...Shila decided to change spots on the bench.  She thought it was a fabulous idea to maneuver her way behind me.  Does she really think that she's that small???


The kids and I.  :) 
I love them dearly!


Spring is nearly here!  These flowers were blooming everywhere.  So pretty.  I think they're globe mallows?  MoMo, am I right?


I then came across the same geese from my last visit.  I love these birds. 


He gave me a warning sign as I crept closer and closer.

But these two, they let me creep in to their area.  I was about 3 feet away from a potential geese attack but they were too busy preening themselves.


Last geese picture I promise.  This guy started croaking and making weird gutteral noises.  
Needless to say, I slowly backed away.
I wouldn't be able to live it down if I had to come to work on Monday with a geese attack wound!


On the trail back to the car, Shila was wondering why I let go of the lease.  "Where did Mummy go?  Oh that's right, she's sneaking in a picture of me.  Damn it!"
I'm sneak-a-riffic.
:)

Peace...
~kavita

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are totally right Bo and they are gorgeous everywhere right now after all the rain we have had!

Love all the pics! The ones of Shila before and after seeing the camera made me LOL. And yes, I really did LOL!!!!!! Hahaha......

Lauren said...

Oooh, geese are evil! We had some at the University I went to and those things were pure evil whenever you got within 20 ft. of them. Looks like fun!

Holly Lefevre said...

What a fabulous place. That looks like a wonderful afternoon with the "kids."

Just A Normal Mom said...

I love those first signs of spring! Hope for summer starting to bloom...
Sweet dogs, too. Aren't they just so full of personality?

***Ally

bodaat said...

Oh I'm so glad I got it right Mo! I feel proud! I'm really loving watching all of the spring foliage come in although it's a reminder that summer is fast approaching! and thank you for LOL'ing. i'll take your word that you really did laugh out loud!

Lauren, a couple of them definitely looked like they had a bit of evil in them. That's why I began my retreat!

Yes Holly, it was a very nice afternoon. I could have stayed an extra couple of hours.

Ally, come to AZ! You might not appreciate any type of blooming when it's 115 out! Oof! And yes our dogs are full of personality. Love them to bits.