Nah, just kidding! I took a bit of a break from blogging partially due to laziness and a slight feeling of being busy too. What have we been up to? Well other than the continuing home project (clean, paint and decorate) here is a small picture story!
We celebrated one of Rich's last softball games. He looks so determined to hit that ball! And where was I might you ask?
Cheerleading!!
And taking pictures of course. Speaking of which...
...I was not only the official Anderson Smashers Cheerleader, I was also their Head Photographer! Here is the 2010 team minus two players. Coach Gabe is on the left rocking the bermuda shorts. :) He got teased quite a bit for those lovelies!
On Friday, we went to our friends' Erin and Jon's wedding in Phoenix. It was held at an absolute gorgeous site called The Secret Garden. Now if that isn't love glowing from their faces, I don't know what is! Doesn't she look gorgeous??
The weather was gorgeous and it was good times hanging out with our friends. Here is Rich with his buddies Joe, Ryan and Tom.
And the girls' contingent! Laura, Kim, Denise, Angie and I. Guess who had thrown her heels off at this point? :-)
The wedding was a nice reminder for Rich and I of our own wedding day that wasn't so long ago.
I want Erin's arm muscles. Just saying. :)
Check out their sweet ride to their hotel! I chidded Rich that I left our wedding the next day in my Honda Civic...not a fancy car like that!
The next day we went golfing! Check out Robert De Niro over here.
Rich caught a cute snap of Dolly and I. Rich loves using my camera and he was just clicking away! Well until I realized he had taken about 20 pictures of Dolly and I.
"Okay sweetheart, that's probably enough"...
..."Okay really, that might be enough!!"
...he loves playing photographer. :)
I don't know if I had more fun playing golf or taking pictures. :)
Our golfing crew...TJ, Dolly, Rich and I. What a fabulous day outside!
I also can't not share with you this picture of a shrimp salad I made. Doesn't it look deee-lish? It has lettuce, tomatoes, yellow peppers, endemame beans, avocado and shrimp (with Montreal seasoning). Want a closer look?
This picture should go in a food magazine!! Yes, I am tooting my own horn.
And there you go! So yes we have been a bit busy. We've also been slowly working on the house...not only steam cleaning the carpets, but doing some painting and also spring cleaning. More to come on that later!! For now, I am going to go ahead and plan what I'm going to do as I have two days off beginning tomorrow! I plan to sleep in, yoga, plant flowers, do some organizing, shop at Trader Joes, go to the driving range and maybe get some sun bathing in! Wow, that's a lot for two days, huh? We'll see how much I actually get done. :)
Till next time...
Peace,
~kavita
4 comments:
I know I've said this before but I LOVE it when you do these picture stories! And that photo of you golfing - where you are holding your hand up to Rich - that is SO YOU! LOL!
Looks like a swell time ! Thanks for sharing !
i was full of things i wanted to say about all your cute and funny photos and then i saw your salad. and my mind went blank.
YUMMIE.
i want to make that. did you make the recipe up? i don't know montreal dressing, and what is the seasoning? oh, yum.
i hope you enjoy your next two days off (or if i'm late and they already happened, i hope you did!)
Liz, I love doing photo stories too. When I'm done uploading the pics and typing the story in, it generally flows pretty well. i'm always pleasantly surprised!
You're welcome Kavi.
Lori ann, the salad was really good. we used a balsamic vinagrette but really it doesn't need much of a salad dressing because of the shrimp seasoning. i seasoned the shrimp in McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken seasoning that you can find in the spices aisle at a regular grocery store. Then lightly sautee them in a pan until they're done. throw them in to the salad and you're done. YUM!
Post a Comment