Monday, May 31, 2010

Cry baby

Me, that's who.

I'm being a big baby.

See when I was single and I got sick, I would just take care of myself until I was better.  Even while sick I would have to feed Shila, take her out for walks, water my plants, prepare my own meals, get my own medicine from the store.  Life carried on.  I was on my own and I didn't have a choice but to make sure that things still got done.

Now that I have Rich by my side, whenever I get sick, I'm a big baby.  Not just that but a cry baby.

:)  Makes me smile thinking how silly it is.

I started to feel under the weather on Thursday at work - just weird tumminess and nausea - no, I am not pregnant.  I stayed at work until 2pm and told my boss I was going home.  After resting and catching up on Glee, I was starting to feel better.  I was back at work on Friday and Saturday I was just fine and then Sunday (yesterday) I was one big freakin' mess.  Don't ask me what happened but my tummy hurt like crazy, I was making trips to the loo and my head was pounding and I felt so weak.  I couldn't even sit up - I pretty much layed down the whole of yesterday.  I was miserable.  And if you don't know me by now...I hate being sick!  I guess nobody really likes it but you know I really hate being sick.  I hate being slowed down and having my plans be interrupted!  Even if the plans were to just relax!

Thankfully my most awesome husband was there to take care of me.  He took care of the dogs, got me food and drinks, and gave me kisses to make me feel better.  He asked me how I was doing every couple of hours and at times tried to make me laugh.  Isn't he the best?  :)  He allowed me to be a big baby and didn't roll his eyes one bit.  He's the best.

And now today is Monday.  Over half way in to the Memorial Day weekend and I'm feeling better but still poorly.  :(  I have so many things to get done before our little viewing/30th birthday party next weekend (more on that later!) but I doubt that I'll get much done today.  I slept 11 hours last night and it's barely 11:45am and I'm already back to feeling sleepy.  I'll probably try and do a couple things otherwise I'll be majorly off schedule and then go rest, maybe watch some TV.  I dvr'd a bunch of episodes of Kendra and Basketball Wives yesterday which I'm sure will be trashy reality TV but I love it.  It's definitely the kind of TV that you can rest to.  Oh!  And!  There is a Law and Order SVU marathon today!  I LOVE that show.  :)  I caught a couple episodes last night and was glad for the distraction.

And a quick snip bit about our party this Sunday!  We are having a viewing party for the Season Premier of The Next Food Network Star!  If you haven't already, make sure you mark it in your calendars.  June 6th!  If you live in the States, it's 7/8 central I think.  If you live in another country, my little sister knows how to view the episodes so let me know if you need the hook up.  But anyway, I digress...we are having a viewing party for all of our friends!  So far we have 15 people coming with about 8 maybe's.  That's a big crowd!  And since my birthday is 3 days later, we're combining and having a viewing/30th birthday shin-dig!  We'll be decking the house out in a 'Hollywood style' and cooking dinner as well.  I can't wait!  Should be a lot of fun.  And the best part?  I got a bunch of paper chef hats that I'm going to decorate for everybody to wear.  Now I doubt that everybody will wear them but I would like to get at least one or two pictures of all of us wearing the hats.  :)  Cannot wait!

See?  I have a lot to do before Sunday.  No time to get sick! 

Ok, that's it for now.  Will post pics of the chef hats when I have couple of them done.  :)

Peace,
~k

7 comments:

Lori ann said...

Get Well!! there, i hope that does it. Drinking lots of fluids, resting, sure your not you know?? :)

Rosesq said...

Hey Kuv, didn't know that you were sick. I am glad you are feeling better.

It is really awesome that you are having a viewing party for Aarti and you are celebrating your birthday as well. I really love how you are supporting her.

We will be there with you in spirit, since we cannot be there to give you a big birthday hug. I thank God for you and that you survived your complicated birth!!

Love and Hugs

bodaat said...

Lori ann, you crack me up! The "i'm not pregnant' statement was especially for my Mum and for you! :) Love ya sister!

Mum, wish that you guys could be here! I just got done with the chef hats that I will post pictures of soon. They came out pretty good and didn't take as long as I thought. And yes, I'm glad I survived my umbilical cord too. :)

Dakota O. said...

Hope you are feeling like your regular self soon:)

Just A Normal Mom said...

Sorry you were feeling bad. What a good husband!

Your party sounds great! Have a fantastic time! And a little early Happy Birthday!

Ally

Rosesq said...

Kuv, I was just wondering if Rich could give lessons to a certain Merlin Sequeira:)

bodaat said...

Thanks Lizzie and Ally! I am finally all better. phew!

Well Mum, I can always ask Rich and see what he says. :)