Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween weekend!

I have some bits and bobs to catch you up on!  But here is a quick preview of the halloween weekend.  Miaow!


I convinced Rich to go to our friend's house for pumpkin carving.  He wasn't thrilled but he was going to go for me since I've only carved once.  Unfortunately our friend burst a pipe in her house so the plans got canceled.  Rich was thrilled to hear that he might get out of pumpkin carving.  Well, until I pouted to the point that he relented and agreed to carve pumpkins at home.  Isn't he the greatest?  :)



Here's me, carving away!


Later that night we had plans to meet up with our friends at Wild Horse Pass Casino and Hotel as a pretty famous 70's band was playing.  Rich dressed up as a Rabbi again (see last year's pics here) and I decided to change things up by becoming a cat.  Miaow!  We stopped at In and Out on the way to the Casino and I dared to wear my cat ears.  Rich opted out of wearing the Rabbi hat and scarf.  :)  We definitely got a lot of strange looks at In and Out.


Boogie Nights!  Of course we didn't put two and two together.  It was a 70's band and so everybody there was dressed up in 70's gear.  And then the Rabbi and the cat showed up.  Awk-ward! 
Umm...and I forgot to take pictures the rest of the night.  Oops.


The next morning we found our favorite comfy chairs at Starbucks and did some work.  Here is an enthralling picture of Rich.

That Starbucks coffee makes me do silly things.  :)  It's a rare occurrence to work on the weekend but all the end of the month stuff was due!

We're surrounded by tacky decorating either side of our house.  Inflatables are just a big no-no in my books.  Sorry if you're an inflatable lover.  We had an inflatable Homer Simpson dressed up in skeletons on one side and then an obnoxious spider and a ghost emerging from a giant pumpkin on the other side.  Really people?  So anyway, I went for a very simple look. 


A little spooky?  A tombstone by candle light?  Eh.  It worked for me.


My pumpkin.


Rich's pumpkin.  Didn't he do such a great job?


 And here's me!  All dressed up, ready to hand out candy!  Unfortunately we only had about 5 trick or treaters.  Boo Hoo!!


Rich, dressed up in his most ingenious costume - the four elements.  Yup.  That's MY man.  :)


That's about it really.  I'm tempted to go take pictures right now of the obnoxious inflatable decorations that belong to our neighbors.  Then you'll see why I roll my eyes every day when I get home from work and see them blown up.  And it's two days after Halloween and they're STILL up.  :)  It makes me smile in the end.  :)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

And I bet the inflatable decorations are still up, huh? We have some neighbors who have giant witches and things hanging from their trees. I'm curious to see how much longer after Halloween until they take it down.
Sounds like a great Halloween!

Lori ann said...

I love your posts Kavita. I feel like your in the room and pointing everything out.
This was fun and funny, you guys are so cute at Starbucks, maybe someday i'll walk in and recognize you. One of my kids is going to school in AZ.
You are so photogenic, even making funny faces, you are a doll.

Unknown said...

nice pictures, cat woman!

Just A Normal Mom said...

SO glad none of our neighbors do those inflatables for holidays... I hope it stays that way! We had about 75 trick or treaters! Wish I could have sent some your way :-)

bodaat said...

Lauren, one of the inflatables is still up! All of the special string of lights are still on. Yikes.

Lori ann, please let me know if you are ever in AZ. I would LOVE to meet you. Seriously. :)

Thanks Dad! I can send you the cat ears for your costume next year.

Lela/Ally - I definitely would take some of your trick or treaters. Oh well. :)