Wednesday, May 21, 2008

When did glasses become cute??


Well ladies and gentlemen, I finally got a pair of wearable glasses. I had gone to my optician a while back for a regular check up and he told me that I was wearing my contacts too much as evidenced by the growth of too many red blood vessels. My eyes were apparently craving more oxygen and that my incessant contact lense ways were creating a bit of a problem! So...for the health of my eyes, I finally succumbed to wearing glasses more. Given that I have what I call "spectacles trauma" from being teased as a young eyeglass owner I decided that I needed to get a fashionable pair. A month later, I have finally got my glasses! As I ventured out into public this morning with them on, I still felt pretty self-conscious and aware that I had a piece of plastic on my face. However after my amnesia set in (I forget I had them on) and with the compliments from coworkers, I think that they might actually have grown on me! And honestly, I'd rather that be growing than more red blood vessels. Ew! I'm just glad that I have finally, after all these years, found a pair of glasses that I feel comfortable in and, without sounding big headed, that I actually look decent in!

I have no idea why I have a mild look of fear in my eyes. :)


And ps - my buddy at work asked a really good question - since when did wearing glasses become so trendy and cute?

3 comments:

Eric, Ann and... said...

cute glasses...i love them!! you look lovely :)

aartilla the fun said...

they look great on you! a far cry from those turquoise ones that embarked on the glasses journey back in dubai!!!

bodaat said...

Oh my goodness, I had totally blocked out the memory of those turqouise frames until now. Bahhhh!