Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A quick tour of Kavita's brain

Ok, so I have many thoughts in my heads as to what to blog about today but I cannot decide and there isn't one thing that is big enough to have a whole post about so today you will be privy to a...quick tour of Kavita's brain.

Update on stress level
It's amazing what a weekend of not leaving your bed can do to one's sanity. As I had very accurately predicted, I suffered from multiple dizzy spells this weekend and an awful bout of TMJ flare-up. So like it or not, I was stuck in bed the whole weekend and as frustrating as it was, it was actually good for me as I went from an 8/10 stress level to now about a 4/10. Rich was an absolute star this weekend. He got me anything that I asked for (moving around the house when you're dizzy is hell) and even got me my favorite bright red sunflowers to cheer me up too. He was just....sigh....awesome.... .... Thank you to everybody for your messages.

My TMJ is still bothering me so I'm back to wearing my oral appliance (mouth guard thing) which means I'm back to "listhping". I wore it pretty much the whole weekend and let me tell you when your TMJ is flaring up, you don't mind lisping your way through the day! That thing really helped de-stress my little temporomandibular joint. I'm now back to wearing it when sleeping and it actually feels comfortable. Amen! I also found out how to make a warm compress with an old sock, rice and heat.

Disturbed
I found out today that one of my coworker's friends went missing yesterday morning after walking her dog by herself at 5am. The dog returned to the house at 5:30am without her. I can't stop thinking about this lady and what might have happened to her. I also keep thinking about the fact that the dog knows what happened but can't communicate it. I'm almost lost for words to describe my feelings about this lady's potential abduction. By tomorrow 5am, it will have been 48 hours since she went missing. I can't even imagine what 48 hours without knowing that somebody dear in my life is safe and okay would feel like.

The other part of this that really bugs me is the fact that I'm so disturbed by this story and not by others that I see in the news. Shouldn't I feel this depth of emotion for all those I hear about that go missing? Instead, I am drawn to this because I have a one degree of separation to this missing lady. It just makes me feel guilty for not affording other missing people the same amount of thought, prayer and emotion.

Please send your prayers and/or positive thoughts for this missing lady and for her friends and family.

AIDS Walk
Rich and I are joining thousands of other this Sunday at Phoenix's AIDS Walk that has thankfully returned to the Valley! I haven't actually registered as yet but we are planning on walking - for sure! We are working with some staff from my work and I'm very excited about it! There's also somebody in my life I know who is infected with HIV and I'm so jazzed about walking in support of her health! Once I actually get registered, I will post it so if you want (no pressure) you can sponsor me. And oh....it's a 5K walk. There will be no running involed. Well...let me rephrase....people can run but yours truely will be walking it out.

And ps - I apologize for so many exclamation marks in the above paragraph. I reviewed for exclamation mark deletion but just couldn't do it. Each of those exclamation marks are needed.

Hobbies Update
Gardening - well I didn't make it to my last gardening class tonight. Honestly I'm not sure that I was really getting what I wanted out of the class and I just couldn't bare to sit through another 2 hours tonight. I'm slightly regretting it but the teacher has given us so many hand-outs that I don't think I'll have a problem figuring it out. I already have an idea now of what plants I want (they will all be low-water and native plants) and I hope to get gardening this weekend as our high on Saturday will be 99 degress - oh yeah baby! We're in the 90's!!

Tap Dancing - umm, I'll keep this short. I should have known that once I started bragging to my friends that the class was going kinda slow and that I was acing the moves that that would come to a quick end. Last week's class was hard! We're dancing to a country song which I'm a bit sad about. It would be different if it were Shania but it's Brooks & Dunn. That's real country folks. I guess that at least it's not 'Achey Breakey Heart'! I'm not sure that I could take that, hahahaha!

And I will say this - not being good at something and letting others see it...well that's just a great lesson in humility. I do at times feel embarassed and I am definitely hanging out in the back row but there's also something so freeing about doing the best I can (even if it's not perfect) and feeling comfortable with it. Can you relate? All the perfectionists in the house might be able to chime in on this one. :)

Well folks, that's the end of your quick tour! To end, I will leave you with this priceless video from our friend Wierd Al.


2 comments:

leaner said...

I too was struck by that disappearance when I heard about it on the news this morning. That her dog showed up at home really makes me wish we could speak to animals.

The other disappearance (young man) on the news this morning didn't hit me as hard, although he disappeared in my neck of the woods. I just can't imagine the grief felt by either family.

It is strange what our minds latch on to.

bodaat said...

I can't imagine either. They still haven't found her. It's not looking good. Big sigh.