Ok, so this might be kinda fun. What are your tried true and tried (tried and true?) tricks for getting rid of hiccups? Rich is over here hiccuping like a fool (term of endearment) and won't try my trick.
What's my trick you ask? Take a gulp of water, don't swallow. Bend over. Swallow. Hold your breath. Make a wish. Then un-bend. Works like magic every time. For me, that is. (wink) ps - you don't need to make a wish but that just makes it fun.
Ok, so hand 'em over. What are your tricks?
11 comments:
You know our age old remedy and there is no need for gymnastics:)
Place a pinch of salt on your tongue and drink some water. Hiccups WILL stop.
Mum
good post idea!
i don't know where i got my trick from... nanny? mum? i put a tiny pinch of salt on the tip of my tongue, take a deep breath and drink a glass of water.
i don't blame rich for not trying your technique though -- that sounds like an entire yoga session!
-x-
I always have someone ask me questions I really have to think about. That gets my mind off of them so it'll stop!
Thank you for stopping by my blog :D
Kuv, thank God you didn't ask Rich to stand on his head. Poor guy!
I just bang my head against the wall until they stop.
Nah. I hold my breath until I turn blue in the face. They usually stop after that.
Aaru, that is not Nan's remedy, it was done in the Harrison household all the time whenever on of us had hiccups!
I take deep breaths. Slow, deep breaths (think yoga breaths). It seems to work for me. I think its because usually if I get them, its because I was going too fast and my body knows I need to slow down.
Mum - well I know that's what you taught us but it doesn't always work for me. *fist to mouth*
Aartilla - ooooh, you're so going to get it from Mum!! And yes some may see it as yoga...Rich included...
Shalee - That's a good tip! I might have to try it.
Dad - I DID ask him to stand on his head to which is when he said something along the lines of "when pigs fly"...ya-da-ya-da-ya-da...I turned him off at that point...
Bella - I wondered what that dent was on your forehead. (wink)
Leaner - you know that ACTUALLY makes total sense because apparently hiccups are the body's way of saying it needs more oxygen. Must try next that time. Just got to make sure I don't sound like I'm giving birth.
A packet of Equal on my tongue and then drink half a cup of water. Not sure why it works but it works for me... sometimes I have to do it twice.
Andy - you make me laugh!! Just Equal or do you use regular sugar too? Does it only with Equal? Because if so, that's funny. No wait, it's phunny. :)
Hiccups are caused by air trapped under the diaphragm, therefore, anything you do to get that air to move will stop hiccups. I have found that taking 10 small, fast sips of water usually does the trick. Very fast, no breathing in between.
Post a Comment