Sunday, May 31, 2009

4 Mini Stories

Mini Story Numero Uno
On Monday I got a chance to see my wonderful friend Michelle! Weeeeee! I don't get to see Michelle too often because we live a bit far apart. Actually, it's not that far but you know...life gets busy and sometimes a 25 minute car ride does seem really far away! Michelle has two extraordinarily beautiful girls whom I also got to hang out with. They are so precious and it was so touching to be in the presence of such a great family. I've known Michelle since I first moved to AZ and we have a connection that I absolutely adore. I love you lots MoMo!!


Mini Story Numero Dos
This week, Rich's step-sister Michelle was also in town from Chicago so we expanded her taste buds by taking her out to Indian food at our favorite vegetarian South Indian joint - Woodlands! Both Michelle and her friend really liked the food (phew!) and of course Rich and I wolfed our meals down too. :) Michelle is always so full of energy and love and we were happy to see her again. We hope to see Michelle again at the wedding...fingers crossed that it works with her schedule!


Mini Story Numero Tres
And.....(drum roll)....we purchased our wedding invites today! I know that we're super early but I had these 40% off coupons for Michaels that only lasted a few days so we decided to bite the bullet and get the invites. We're saving a crap load of money by doing the invites by ourselves. We really did consider getting them from Costco but this way was much cheaper and I can customize with my 'crafty' ways! They're designed by Mrs Martha Stewart herself and each invite comes with an adorable die-cut envelope wrap. I really like these invites and I can't wait to personalize them! I found a really cute stamp through www.papersource.com that is an Indian motif and plopped in some orange pigment, I think it will look adorable. There's also a local rubber stamping shop in Chandler that I want to check out.





Mini Story Numero Quatro
So I have started working out. I've been yapping about it for a long time and my friend the weighing machine finally convinced me that it was time! I went three times this week and I'm pretty proud of myself. I went swimming twice and although the first time was absolute torture, we just went today and it wasn't half bad. Rich went with me tonight and it was really nice to have company whilst doing laps. There's something about swimming that really works for my body. I got on the scale today after swimming and had gone down 1.5 lbs! Now if I could just keep it that way... :) I'm looking forward to a second week of working out. I've always thought that keeping to a tight schedule is the way to go but I'm realizing that's when I start slacking so this time round, I'm going to feel out my body and my mind every day and decide if it's a work-out day or not. We'll see how it goes!

Well, that's it for now! Oh and also...if anybody knows how to do a funky looking signature, please let me know. :)
~kavita

5 comments:

♥ Braja said...

Ms Kavita, you're beautiful... :)

aartilla the fun said...

wow! i love the new background. and i love the invites! how much artsy-craftsy fun! i'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Love you too Bo! Great to see you, and hope to see you again very soon.

P.S Look at that huge, shiny forehead, no mine, not yours silly! :):)

leaner said...

What do you mean by a "funky looking signature"? For what?

Lauren said...

We got this bomb ass laser printer and I am so traumatized we didn't have it for our wedding. The invites at Michael's these days are 10 times better than any you find in those huge notebooks in stationary stores. I love yours, their too cute!