TThe best combination, don't you think? This picture short is going to be short as I have a raging headache (what's new?)...
I had wanted to do a post solely on the beautiful vegetation in Portland. Thinking that I may lose some of you aren't interested in gazing intently at flowers, I decided to spice up this post with pics from our last night in Portland at the Rogue brewery.
Flower pics
Known as the Rose state, July is the month for gorgeous roses...these pics were from a small rose garden in a park in the middle of Portland. I fell in love. Look how beautifully fluffy they are.

These appeared to be multi-color roses...pink with a dash of orange. I love mixed flowers!

I couldn't resist given that orange is one of our wedding colors...

Later that day we took the air-tram ride and at our destination, I stumbled upon this tree/plant/flower and was amazed at how LARGE the leaves and flower were. Anybody know what the heck this is? It is SO pretty.


The flowers were the size of my head. No joke.

And then this...what is this? The flowers were very flat and a gorgeous creamy color. They were also the size of my palm.

I swear, Portland has the most amazing flowers.

And look at this flower! Oh wait....this is a pic of the ballroom we used at the conference i went to. This pic is of only half the ballroom and it was filled to the brim with conference attendees. Crazy big, huh?

Last night in Portland! Rich was supposed ot make a funny face with me in this pic but....he didn't. haha!

Rogue brewery. Rich trying out a sampler.

Bitter beer. That's all I gotta say.
4 comments:
Terrific pictures Kuv and Rich. I am glad you had that mini holiday.
I love your pics! Come back and become the Portland official flower and brewpub photographer!
Have a great 4th of July weekend!
Hugs,
Jan
Great flower photos!
I think the first tree you questioned is a magnolia tree... they are abundant in the South! The second looks like apple blossom flowers, though I don't know for sure.
Looks like you had a blast in Portland. Someday we'll make it out your way :)
oops, I meant to say cherry blossoms... as in the annual Cherry Blossom Fest in DC... again, I'm still not sure :)
Post a Comment