Urgh, today was a rough day for three reasons, yet I am striving to see the silver lining, especially given that this is the month to feel grateful and to give thanks.
Reason 1:
Crappy: My family left today back to India. Enough said. You pretty much know the rest or you can imagine it.
Blessed: But I feel blessed to have had them here for two full weeks and here for the wedding. I feel blessed to have such an awesome and beautiful family.
Reason 2:
Crappy: My dog Shila is hospitalized for 4 days for eating two heaping handfuls of raisins which are toxic to dogs and can shut down their kidneys. I came home for lunch today from work and found the empty bag...then rushed her to the vet. They charcoaled her but nothing came out which means it's in her intestines. :( They're doing her bloodwork and keeping her on fluids for 4 days straight to flush the toxins out. She's a fighter so I'm sure she'll make it. If you remember, please say a little prayer for my sweet boo. She is my daughter and best friend.
Blessed: I never come home for lunch. Today I decided to. Thank God for that otherwise I would have found the empty bag of raisins at 6pm which may been have too late.
Reason 3:
Crappy: I came across the story of Anissa through this blog and then this one. Makes me cry. Makes me want to fly to Georgia and be her cheerleader.
Blessed: Makes me feel blessed for Rich and my health.
Please visit these blogs and pray for Anissa's recovery.
Feeling crappy yet oh so blessed,
~k
4 comments:
What a well balanced post!
1. I know you miss your family tons so I am sending you extra love (we haven't seen my in-laws in three years and it sucks!)
2. OMG - Poor Shila! I will say a prayer for her and I am sooo happy you came home on your lunch break!
3. So sad - health is one thing we often take for granted until it is ourself or a close loved one that is 'unhealthy' for some reason...we've been going through that lately in our family as you know and it can be so stressful. I am happy that you and Rich are both healthy too:)
Reminds of O henry... life is full of sobs, sniffles and smiles...
Wishing all the very best
Big thoughts for Shila, and Anissa too.
I can understand how you feel. Prayers are on the way.
♥ lori
Post a Comment